Lottey or Nihari, the very soft-fiber fish is inexpensive but tasty fish. There is only a soft centre bone and once deep fried there is no chance that the bones would hurt your throat. Our children like it very much. We normally simply fry them with spices and eat. Here is an interesting recipe.
- Lottey fish : 500 gms.
- Finely Chopped Onions: ¾of a cup
- Garlic Paste : 2 table spoon
- Chick Pea Flour (Besan): ¾ of a cup
- Rice Flour : 3 table spoon
- Green Chillies : 3 (finely chopped)
- Making Fried Muithya
- Wash the fish nicely
- Now put the fish in a dry frying pan on low heat, cover it with a plate
- After a little while, when the water dries out, take the pan down, let it cool down
- Now slowly scoop out the fish from the bone, and keep the fish in bowl
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl, add a little salt, and knead nicely.
- Make small balls, and flatten a bit.
- Deep fry them.
YOU MAY SERVE HOT, THEY TASTE VERY GOOD !
IF YOU ARE READY TO GO A LITTLE MORE, YOU MAY DO THIS:
B: Muithya Curry:
- Chopped Potatoes (1” x 2” size) : 2 cups
- Brinjal (same size) : 2 cups
- Onion (finely chopped) : ½ cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2 table spoon
- Vegetable Masala Powder: 1 table spoon
- Cooking Oil: 4 table spoon
- Salt to taste
Put all these ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Add Two cups of water. Put it on
a low heat with a cover. Once the vegetables becomes soft, take out from the heat, and place the Fried Fish Balls on it. Keep it covered, once cooled, it is ready to eat, with Chapati Or Rice.