This is a favourite dish of my daughter, who herself is good in food preparation – especially cakes and chocolates. This dish is not exactly an authentic Bengali dish but is the product of an experiment from my kitchen. Well here is the procedure of making Prawns-Cucumber Masala :
1.Cucumber (full grown ones – not the tender type) : 1 kg
2.Prawns : 300 gms (cleaned)
3.Onion Paste: 2 Tablespoons
4.Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
5.Chilly Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
6.Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
7. Green Chillies: 4 whole
8.Oil: 2 Tablespoon
9.Salt: To taste
10.Sugar: A pinch
1. Heat up the oil in a pan.Put the prawns and stir a bit.
2. Put the onion paste, garlic paste and fry a little.
3. Add the cucumber pieces and stir in the masala.
4. Add Chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and a bit of sugar and cook a little.
5. Now, cover it with a lid and keep the fire in sim (low).
6. After a while open the lid and sprinkle a little water and green chillies.
7. Put the lid back and let the curry cook till the cucumbers are succulent and well cooked. Take care not to over-cook the cucumbers.
Serve with steaming rice or hot rotis. Bon Apetit!